We are currently engaged in a search for one of Canada’s largest manufacturers and distributors of healthcare and beauty products. They are currently looking to add Line Technicians to their growing team. This is a Permanent opportunity
What’s in it for you?
Benefitspackage after 3 months’ completed
Access to a great team environment.
WHIMIS and GMP training
Morning & Afternoon Shifts are available
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Proactively plan/schedule line needs (tooling, maintenance, changeovers, etc.) for each shift; predict tool wear and tool changes base upon SPC data and liaise with maintenance to ensure efficient PM is performed and supplies of necessary tooling is available
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications;identity, select and prepare tooling and change parts as necessary
- Analyze “out of tolerance” conditions and make adjustments as required
- Read and interpret production reports and obtain first offs
- Set up and maintain production assets (labeler, filler, copper) to ensure optimal run time
- Measure and layout workplace material to optimize workflow efficiency
- Continuously monitor work target achievements, use problem-solving approaches and take remedial action when needed
- Communicate information to the Supervisor (i.e. manpower, production, machine issues) and recommend remedial action to the Supervisor as required
- Communicate precise instruction to operators in regards to the safe set up and operation of machinery; demonstrate job functions to coworkers as needed
- Continuously monitor product for defects and quality. Identify appropriate colors, alignment, lot codes, debris and other observable
- Read and understand Process Instructions (PI), product labels and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s); verify, communicate and improve SOPs and PIs as required
- Communicate with co-workers in order to solve immediate production concerns or complete production assignments; complete production assignments in a timely manner and in accordance with department
- Clean and sterilize equipment and turnaround for next batch in a specified time; ensure the production area is washed and cleaned thoroughly on a daily
- Read, understand and complete required documentation. All paperwork shall be accurately and neatly completed in accordance with established policies and
- Handle bulk materials and finished goods in accordance with safety and cGMP
- Efficiently and safely operate assigned machinery; perform simple maintenance and report malfunctioning equipment immediately to Supervisor or
- Direct line coworkers as needed to maximize output and
- Coach employees on correct procedures of how to perform the task at hand with the appropriate SOPs.
- Perform daily duties of reporting root causes of downtime into designated automated
- Perform other duties as assigned
What the candidate shall bring
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- A learner’s attitude and desire to work for a wonderful organization.
- Post-Secondary education within a similar industry.
- Availability and flexibility to work various shifts
- Access to a reliable vehicle
Offerd Salary19 $/hr