Our client is a growing company and they’re looking for another top player to join their team in the role of Logistics/Warehouse Supervisor to lead their night shift team.
Location: North York, ON.
The Logistics/Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the direct management and handling of all warehousing and distribution functions at the organization’s warehouse facilities. This includes accountability for inbound and outbound freight, as well as adherence to legislative, safety, and organizational policies and procedures. The Logistics/Warehouse Supervisor will accomplish effective logistical oversight through strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Manage the receipt, handling, distribution, and storage of all freight, product, and supplies that come in and out of the company warehouse.
- Operate lifting devices, e.g. Raymond Reach and Counterbalance in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
- Ensure all orders are shipped to customers in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedule
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Work closely with the transportation service provider on route optimization and ensuring that the company’s standard operating procedures and quality standards are adhered to.
Warehouse Management and Planning:
- Execute warehouse layout and space requirements plans in order to prevent loss or damage and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
- Develop and/or enforce corporate policies regarding security and safety in order to maintain a safe working environment.
- Supervise a team of warehouse employees, including hiring, delegation, training, performance evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination.
- Develop and enforce standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for all aspects of warehouse operations.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels in order to meet internal and external demand of the product.
- Conduct periodic spot-checks of inventory levels, supplies, or equipment.
- Identify discrepancies between inventory records and take action.
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other matters and make adjustments where necessary.
- 10+ years of direct work experience in a warehouse management function or supply chain management position with a focus on warehousing, transportation, supply chain management, inventory control, and materials management.
- Raymond Reach and Counterbalance certification are required.
- Direct knowledge of WHMIS and other safety systems.
- Experience with radio frequency ID systems (RFID) and bar code systems.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong knowledge of warehouse documentation, with good writing skills.
- Ability to interpret and act upon complex instructions.
- Solid project management skills are essential.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team.
- Strong quantitative and critical thinking skills.
- Team leadership and teambuilding abilities.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, diplomacy, and tact.
- Persuasive, motivational, and persistent.
- Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.
- Report directly to the VP of Operations
Interested? Apply at www.career1.ca or call us at 905-897-9675
Offerd Salary23 $/hr